This weekend was definitely a highlight.
I ran with five delightful friends (two old, three new)
in an 8k race (that's 4.97 miles).
It took place around Lake Lanier in Tryon, NC.
It took place around Lake Lanier in Tryon, NC.
It was called Ache Around the Lake.
There are lots of hills, but it is so gorgeous.
I won first place for my age category with a time of 43:52.
It's not a huge race, but it's a lot of fun.
I absolutely love the racing community.
Throughout the whole race people were rooting for us, and
at the end there were lots of people cheering, pushing each runner to the end.
The thrill of seeing the finish line is indescribable.
The exhilaration and adrenaline I felt pushed me to full speed, and I sprinted to the end.
Afterward, we visited the lovely little town of Tryon.
Afterward, we visited the lovely little town of Tryon.
It is a closely knit community with a rich heritage.
We stopped in a couple of spectacular antique shops.
I wanted to buy just about everything in sight.
Then, since we were all starving, we stopped in The Hare and Hound for lunch.
This sign was propped up on the wall, and we thought it was hilarious.
All in all, it was a fantastic day.




Laura, thank you so much for a wonderful post about our little race and town! This is exactly what the organizers of our event wanted participants to take away from their race experience. So glad you were able to spend some time in the area afterward. We hope you'll be back next year! - Scarlette Tapp, Race Director
ReplyDeleteSuch an awesome post Laura! Glad you had a great time!
ReplyDelete